Well the adoption fair on Saturday proved to be very helpful. We got to talk to a few social workers including the social worker from Adoption Link, the agency in which we were most interested. It was then that I felt God sent us the sign we have been praying for, an affirmation that this was our "home". We discovered a family from our church is working thru Adoption Link on the adoption of their second child. I was able to contact that adoptive mother and talk to her about their experience with the agency. It was so awesome to see a familiar face in such an unknown experience.
So let the paperwork begin....we hope to have our application submitted soon and get our homestudy started soon after. We are hoping for a quick process, but I know it's out of our control. I feel a huge sense of relief in making this decision. It just feels right!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment