Tuesday, July 3, 2012

An update

We are well into our homestudy update for adoption #2!  We have made it thru all of the paperwork (which is much easier the second time around).  We were supposed to meet with our social worker last Friday, but given the storms that passed thru the area we had to reschedule for the 18th.  I have started updating our profile book for potential birth parents to look thru.  We are still not feeling the urgency but I know God will lay it on our hearts when the time is right.  I am trying to be proactive and prepared with our books when that time arises.  We appreciate any prayers for this process as it is getting more real each day. 
As strange as it sounds Zach and I still struggle with our failed adoption.  Going thru the update process has uncovered some of those buried heartaches.  We think about S and both of her kids often.  I occasionally want to contact her but am afraid that we will set ourselves up for more heartache.  I will admit that I have in the past googled her name to see if there are any records of her recently.  She was on my mind today and I realized I haven't made my google search for months so I checked it out.  My heart broke as I saw she was arrested back in November.  Couldn't find a lot of details, but my first thoughts were for the kids.  I wonder where they are?....I hope that they are safe.....I wonder if they were with her when she was arrested?  I'm sure I will never know the answers, but I do pray for these kids all the time. 
As for our little man, he continues to grow and change so quickly.  He loves to read books and chase the dog (much to the dog's dismay).  He brings us such joy with his laugh, his smile, and his love!  We are so grateful for him and the gift he has been for our family. 
I will post another update soon!
Much Love,
S&Z&C

No comments:

Post a Comment