Wow...time is flying by. We are looking forward to spending the holidays with our families and reminding ourselves this may be our last Christmas just the two of us, so we should treasure it and not wish it away. Next year it won't be so easy to pack up the car and go (not that we aren't looking forward to that). I can't believe K is due next month already! Next week we get to go to her ultrasound with her. I don't know what to expect, but I'm quite certain it's going be pretty cool to see that little guy up on the screen knowing that in the next several weeks he could be in our arms!
I've found myself really doubting that we are ever going to have a baby because of what S has put us through twice. I have looked repeatedly at the agency website just to realize that adoption plans really are successful! It's not that I don't believe K, but I can't help but have doubts with all that we've been through. Our social worker was very encouraging the other day and reassured me that we will be united with the baby that was meant just for our arms. We are very hopeful that we will meet him in January!!
As we prepare for this Christmas season, we are doing our best to keep God's greatest gift at the front of our hearts. I have gotten over my anger towards S (most of the time), reminding myself that God forgives us repeatedly for our sins. Zach and I are no better than S, and she deserves the same forgiveness that He is willing to give each and every one of us! For us that forgiveness doesn't mean giving her a third chance, because we are not willing to do that, but we are willing to say hi if we would run into her and we will continue to pray for her. We ask all of you to continue to pray for her as well...she needs the love of Jesus in her life!!
Hope you all have a blessed Christmas!!
S&Z
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment