Monday, April 12, 2010

Countdown to April 30th

I know I shouldn't wish away time, but I really cannot wait for April to be over.  The remainder of the month is crazy busy with wrapping up our homestudy and the end of our training.  Both of these things mean that by the end of April, if all goes as planned, we will be eligible and waiting for a match! 
Our first home visit last week went very well.  We are so happy with our decision to pursue our journey with Adoption Link.  We have our second home visit next Wednesday, and our homestudy should be complete by the end of April.  The paperwork, profile, life books, and references are winding down, which is very exciting!!  After our homestudy is complete we wait to be chosen by a birthmom, which we can't help but get excited about.  
We are taking 36 hours of pre-service training to become licensed adoptive parents in Lima (which is about an hour away) every Tuesday and Thursday for the remainder of the month.  The good news is we are halfway done, and that's what we are trying to focus on. 
I will do my best to keep the blog updated with any news.  Again Zach and I both want to thank you all for your prayers.  We have been told so much recently of all the people who are included us in their prayers daily.  We feel so honored and blessed to have such wonderful people in our lives!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment