Sunday, March 14, 2010
Living by the Checklist!
That's going to be my philosophy until our homestudy is complete. We had our first meeting with the director of our agency on Wednesday and walked out with a BIG stack of papers, which was a bit overwhelming, but I think we've got it under control! We were assigned a social worker, who we met at the Adoption Fair and are very excited to work with her. Our first step was to get registered for our required education courses, which I did on Friday, and it's checked off the list. There are about 20 other things we have to complete, but I think I have about all of them at least started. Our first goal is to get our self assessments done and then we can have the first of two home visits with our social worker. We are hoping to have the whole process done by the beginning of May, but I have to remember this is not a race, and it will work out in God's time! Please continue to pray for our child and birthmother, as well as Zach and I as we have some tough decisions to make as we continue on this journey.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment